Call to Ministry

1.      During my senior year in college I felt the Lord calling me into full time service.  The churches that I had served part time during school had given affirmation to this call.  It was at this time that I realized a need to attend seminary for further training.
2.      There are several “spiritual markers” that I can look back upon to see how the Lord was at work in my life years before I realized it. 
a.       My mother decided that I would learn to play the piano in the 4th grade
      and continue taking piano lessons through the 12th grade. 
b.      I joined band in junior high and discovered a love for music. 
c.       When I started college, the Lord placed an advisor in the right place to encourage me to major in music; I had already accepted a band scholarship.
d.      It was also during college that I found my future wife and partner in ministry; Debbie had a heart for God and ministry, a zeal for lost souls, and a strong soprano voice!
     
AFFIRMATION OF MINISTRY                       
  1.  The passion and joy that I experience everyday as I do the work God has called me to do
  2.  A few years ago I had the opportunity to do a career assessment which came in  98% that I am doing what I should be doing